Supply Chain Planner – Temporary£15 - £17 per hour
We have a fantastic opportunity available to work with our Loughborough Client as a Supply Chain Planner. This position is temporary, there is strong opportunity of a permanent transfer for the right candidate.
This Supply Chain Planner role is available on a full time basis, 37.5 hours per week and pays between £15 - £17 per hour (depending on experience). The overall responsibility of the position is to manage the planning, scheduling and expediting of chemical product replenishment in order to meet customer requirements and deliver the highest levels of service.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Use the MRP and other Planning tools to schedule the production and packing of all chemical products.
- Organise, co-ordinate and expedite the scheduling of products to ensure that agreed customer service levels are met.
- Work with the production departments and other Planners to ensure that scheduling is optimised to use labour and equipment efficiently.
- Responsible for the issue of daily work schedules to production areas taking into account appropriate operational constraints.
- Where necessary place purchase orders and liaise with Purchasing to ensure supply and JIT delivery of raw materials and packaging.
- Ensure that inventory levels of their Brand Chemicals, both raw material and finished goods, are maintained within agreed targets for both Loughborough other warehouses.
- Work collaboratively with Customer Service and Sales teams, providing clear and timely communication of the progress of products and their target stock dates. Work with these groups to maximize our value proposition to all customers
- Prepare reports, daily, weekly and monthly as required to monitor service levels, the backorder situation and other departmental KPI’s. Analyse the detail to identify areas of concern and provide appropriate mitigating recommendations.
- Work effectively with internal departments to ensure effective communication of potential planning / production issues. By providing information and root cause analysis at the daily Tier 2 and Tier 3 meetings.
- In conjunction with site leadership/QC & Procurement, recommend re-sourcing and withdrawal of chemical lines.
- Maintain MRP data, including production models, as required. Raise production models for new products.
- Ensure data is provided promptly for quotations to be made for both SCS and reagent products.
- Actively seek areas for process improvement as well as participate in improvement activities within the business as a team leader or member. Where appropriate, carry out system audits in order to enhance the improvement programmes.
- Participate in ad hoc projects and provide support as delegated by the Regional Demand planner.
- Effectively perform your duties whilst acting at all times in accordance with the Dignity at Work Policy, Code of Business Conduct and Ethics and our values of Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement.
- Embrace and participate in PPI initiatives to identify improvements and cost savings to the business.
- Work with due care and attention and in accordance with prescribed safety guidelines. adhering to the company policy, including the wearing of Personal Protective Equipment.
The successful candidate will have recent experience in a similar Supply Chain Planner position.