Process Development Scientist – Temporary£13.50 per hour
Gill Cooke Personnel are pleased to offer this marvellous, full time opportunity of Process Development Scientist to Loughborough.
This position will pay £13.50 per hour depending on experience, there is free car parking available and after an initial qualifying period, can offer additional holidays.
The main objective of this supportive Process Development Scientist role is to aid the operation of R & D within a GMP manufacturing facility, to support production of clinical trial supplies and manufacturing process development activities. It offers the successful Process Development Scientist an opportunity to make a significant contribution to the development of new inhalation products and future technologies.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Becoming an active member of the manufacturing team and providing day to day support of the GMP manufacturing facility, equipment and utilities.
- Ensuring facility, equipment and procedures are maintained in a ‘business ready’ state and in compliance with all internal and external safety, environmental and GMP requirements.
- Supporting manufacturing team leader to plan and execute batches and help develop new manufacturing techniques.
- Author clear and detailed manufacturing documentation, work instructions, protocols, reports, etc.
- Contributing to product technical transfer - laboratory to pilot and pilot to full scale manufacture.
- Additional activities may include support of early phase formulation feasibility, lab experimentation and data analysis.
Knowledge and skills:
- Knowledge of GLP/GMP and related quality documentation processes for pharmaceutical R&D and production.
- Knowledge of the manufacture and development of pressurised metered dose inhalers (pMDI).
- Strong organisational and interpersonal skills. Ability to constructively interact with colleagues within the company as well as with outside engineers and contractors.
- Excellent problem-solving skills are essential and familiarity with Quality by Design, risk-based approaches to development, design of experiments, and process modelling is desirable.
- Demonstrated hands on practical skills gained in a pharmaceutical product manufacturing environment.
- Experience of working and holding responsibilities within a GMP or equivalent manufacturing or Development environment.
- Knowledge of equipment qualification, process and cleaning optimisation and validation is desirable.