Product Design Engineer – Temporary£14 - £20 per hour, experience depending
We are currently looking for a Product Design Engineer for our pharmaceutical client based in Loughborough.
Design and development of drug delivery devices
Knowledge & Skill:
- Proven experience in designing and developing medical devices (such as metered dose inhalers, dry powder inhalers, soft mist inhalers, nebulisers, injectors, diagnostics, patient monitoring) and/or working to ISO13485. Advanced use of industry standard 3D CAD and 2D drawing packages such as PTC Creo, Siemens NX, or SolidWorks
- Candidates should be able to demonstrate creative design skills and logically solve technical briefs.
- All design work should be based on and accompanied by a solid engineering understanding.
- Experience in developing plastic injection moulded components and enclosures for mass manufacture.
- An understanding of integrating mechanical systems with electronics and software would be beneficial although not a requirement.
- Working knowledge of:
o Medical device guidelines
o Design Controls.
o Design verification guidelines
2:1 or higher degree level or equivalent (PhD, MSc, MA, MEng, BA, BEng or BSc) from an IMechE recognised institute in Product Design, Mechanical Engineering, Product Development and Manufacture Engineering.
- Honest and professional
- Work and problem solve as part of a team