Formulation Scientist – Temporary
£15-22.00 per hour experience depending
Our client is seeking an experienced Formulation Scientist, preferably within Inhalation and pMDI and/or DPI.
The tasks will include:
- Plan, organise, lead/support the laboratory manufacture of formulations and small-scale product batches in line with functional/departmental requirements.
- Responsible for assisting (and leading) the characterisation of raw materials, development of formulations and final drug dosage forms for inhalation products.
- Novel & new inhalation product development and creation of intellectual property.
- Undertake formulation-related testing in line with functional/departmental requirements.
- Research/create/ develop/formulate MDI (or DPI) inhalation products via a QbD framework and participate in patent & IP generation.
- Use physical characterisation techniques to determine properties of powders and formulations.
- Conduct in-vitro data analysis and interpretation of data (preferably inhalation product testing) – via relevant statistical software packages (Excel, Minitab etc).
- Research relevant industry developments in the areas of inhalation product development.
- Utilise technical/practical knowledge and hands on skills in a laboratory environment using state of the art manufacturing and testing equipment.
- Conduct inhalation product testing using existing and new technologies relating to inhalation product characterisation.
- Author high level technical protocols / reports and present technical data to all levels within the department.
- Plan, lead and execute multiple experimental studies (experimental design) working in cross functional multidisciplinary teams.
To be educated to PhD or MSc level in a pharmaceutical related discipline
To have a minimum of 5 year experience in a pharmaceutical formulation specific role
To be able to demonstrate a proven track record of innovation & research activity in new product development
To have thorough knowledge of pharmaceutical materials science and physical characterisation techniques
To be highly experienced in in-vitro data analysis and data interpretation
Must possess a high level of technical authoring and technical presentation skills
To have experience of leading the planning and execution of multiple experimental studies and to have worked in a cross functional multidisciplinary teams
If you feel you have the right experience for this role, please forward your CV in the first instance to firstname.lastname@example.org