Raw Materials Controller – Temporary
£15 per hour
We are seeking an experienced Raw Material Controller working with a large established Company.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
The role of the Atherstone Material Controller is to ensure production schedule attainment is not impacted through raw material constraints using SAP planning, monitoring and material requisition tools
1. Ordering forecasted materials.Performs assignments that contribute to projection of raw inventory requirements, data reporting and analysis within established SAP factory planning department (Forecast to Schedule)
(a) raising Purchase Orders on daily/weekly/monthly basis
(b) assembling and validating raw material forecasts of long-range material needs for external vendors as defined by manufacturing plans
(c) monitoring raw material inventory levels and planned receipts to support seamless production plan execution
(d) resolves back-order situations, reduces excess inventory and slow-moving items as necessary
2. Develops and maintains working knowledge of the organisation's raw materials and production requirements. Communicates, manages and escalates issues relating to raw material availability.
3. Monitors raw material inventory levels. Provides material requirements planning, accurate reporting. Resolves raw material constraint situations, reduces excess inventory and slow-moving items as necessary. Monitors buffers for inventory in anticipation of demand variations associated with promotions, seasonality and major account conversions. Verifies Just-In-Time delivery procedures with vendors.
Qualifications: (experience, knowledge, skills & abilities)
• Proficient use of MS Excel is preferable
• Experience of working within a Purchasing Environment
• Familiarity with SAP system is preferable
• Excellent communication skills: verbal and written.
• Detail oriented, with strong follow through to completion.
• Strong analytical skills and proactive thinking.
• Self-motivated and good organisational skills.
• Excellent multi-tasking skills in fast paced and changing environment.
• Quick learner and ability to grasp new processes and tools.