ToolmakerBasic £25-28,000 per annum + generous shift allowance
One of our key Loughborough clients has a sister site in Clitheroe, Lancashire, and we are delighted to offer a number of exciting new opportunities for Toolmakers to be based in Clitheroe, for this global pharmaceutical company.
The tool maker role involves the manufacture and setting of press tooling, routine maintenance, job change overs, and trouble-shooting of daily production issues.
Rotating shift pattern 0600-1400/1400-2200, some weekend work will be required.
- Manufacture and setting of press tooling, tooling corrections and refurbishment
- Daily checks to ensure quality standards are achieved. Problem solving of daily production issues
- Manufacturing of jigs and fixtures to enhance the site manufacturing capability
- Reading and interpreting technical drawings
- Operation of a range of precision equipment including lathes, milling machines, surface and cylindrical grinders.
- Maintaining a safe working environment
- Producing clear, concise and legible documentation
- Time served Toolmaker. City & Guilds in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent, with good manual bench skills
- Experience in deep draw transfer presses preferred but not essential
- Excellent fault-finding skills
- Strong mechanical background
- Ability to develop and learn new tasks
- GCSE or equivalent in English and Maths
- Confident interpersonal and organisational skills
- Computer literacy is desirable
- A senior Tool Setter with experience covering most of this brief may be considered
- £25,000 - £28,000 depending on experience
- 25% Shift premium plus good benefits package
- Excellent opportunities