Accounts Assistant – Permanent
c£20,000 per annum dependent on experience
Are you a Purchase Ledger professional looking for your next career step?
We have a brilliant opportunity with a Loughborough based company who seek an additional team member, initially to cover Purchase Ledger but with view to developing the role in the medium term.
Initially, responsibilities of the role will include:
- Posting of purchase invoices – approx. 1300 invoice a month
- Raise sales invoices - approx. 30 invoice a month
- Resolve queries internally and externally
- Reconciliation of supplier statements on a monthly basis
- Managing and reconciling Petty Cash, and supporting all functions within the accounts department
You will have: A minimum of 2 years Purchase Ledger/accounts experience. Knowledge of Construction industry (CIS) would be an advantage, but a willingness to undertake training and development is essential. Co will support further study for right person (AAT or CIMA). You will ideally have Excel and Sage experience, be able to work to deadline, and work both as part of a team and individually. You will present a smart, professional image, and have a keen interest in facts, figures and data.
In time (12-18 months) the role will develop and you may be required to:-
- Monitor and update cashflow
- Bank Reconciliations
- Maintain the Fixed Asset register
- HP Schedule
- Prepare VAT returns
- Balance PAYE
- Liaise with HMRC with queries
The role requires 40 hours a week, Monday – Friday 8.00am – 5pm, 1hour for lunch. You will benefit from 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays (some for Xmas shutdown), a benefits package scheme and parking.